Thursday, September 01, 2005

Amazing, today September 26 K.Frank Jensen from Denmark arrived in Brussels and we had a meeting. One of the items he gave me was this TAROT ICON card on the Empress. He intended to mail this to Marilyn but her passing prevented the mail. So instead he kept it and decided it to give it to me when we met.
An emotional moment I can assure you.

The card is the result of some water damage, so very close to Marilyn's ephemeral art creations. On the card Frank wrote:

"Empress of the ceiling
After watery damage the Empress emerged from the sky,
impressing herself upon me:
Here I am, take me, do something to me!
Her demands were inevitable and now she has gone,
leaving only a photographic impression of herself."

On the back of the card: November 2004 for Marilyn
September 2005, and now for Guido

Thank you Frank! What a print this is and how truly truly shadowlike (GV)

4 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

Hi there Guido Vermeulen, I was just traveling through looking for some interesting stuff on poster art and I came upon your Blog. I haven’t seen what I was after regarding this post, but I’m going to carry on searching for more information on poster art related stuff. By the way your Blogs great. You are most welcomed to visit my site at poster art

12:42 PM  
Blogger artisan said...

Hi Guido Vermeulen I’ve been looking for abstract art related blogs and I came across yours on this post during my trawl, so I thought it would be polite to let you know about my visit. I have just recently started a daily news feed on my own site and you are most welcome to come and visit me at abstract art.

6:04 PM  
Blogger AnJaka said...

Great Work!!!
this is a good link you can refer Art Collection

4:42 AM  
Blogger stelios the big easy guy said...

911 was an inside job. Bush and Silverstein did it themselves.
**TRUTH** and the same goes for 7/7 seven 7 jeans

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home